BCA SHIFT - 2
The Department of Computer Application Shift – II was established in the year 2017 – 2018 as a new mile stone in the era of Thiruthangal Nadar College. In the technological explosion, the department is dedicated to maintaining a high standard of excellence through quality, technology and innovation. The programs are designed to provide a core Computer applications foundation that will equip learners with the necessary technical and research skills needed in industry and academia. The department aims to make a place at both national and international level by producing high quality ethically rich computer application engineers and IT professionals conversant with the state-of-the-art technology with the ability to adapt the upcoming challenges in information technologies and their applications to cater to the ever changing industrial and societal needs.
The department has a team of passionate academic staff with a wide range of research interests. The faculty members of the Computer Applications Department have very strong academic credentials. The faculty has commitment and dedication for teaching and providing a good learning environment for the student growth which enlivens the students to stretch their wings, so that they can fly higher than their dreams and serve the country. Keeping this in the view the department regularly organizes various seminars, conferences and workshop etc., for the benefit of faculties and students in the area of computer applications.
1. To face the challenges of digital world with the intense theoretical and practical knowledge of computer technologies in relevant areas.
2. To impart advance knowledge about various sub-domains related to the field of computer applications.
3. To understand and equip them enough to pursue higher studies in reputed institutions and become professionals.
4. To promote the strong character to uphold the spiritual and cultural values of our country to make students acceptable to both industries and higher education.
5. To demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer.
6. To demonstrate proficiency in at least two high-level programming languages and two operating systems.
7. To adopt the changing technologies, tools, and industrial environment.
8. To build creative and soft skills of the students that will improve their human qualities and employ-ability. 9. Ability to test and analyze the quality of various subsystems and to integrate them in order to evolve a larger computing system.